EB-3, or Employment-Based Third Preference, is a type of employment-based visa category for foreign nationals who are seeking to work permanently in the United States.
This visa category is specifically for skilled workers, professionals, and other workers who do not fall under the EB-1 or EB-2 categories.
If you are looking for EB-3 jobs, there are several things you need to know in order to increase your chances of finding a job and securing a visa. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about EB-3 jobs, including what they are, how to find them, and how to apply for them.
What are EB-3 Jobs?
EB-3 jobs are permanent, full-time employment opportunities that are available to foreign nationals who qualify under the Employment-Based Third Preference visa category.
The EB-3 visa category is specifically for skilled workers, professionals, and other workers who do not fall under the EB-1 or EB-2 categories.
Skilled workers are defined as those who have at least two years of experience or training in their respective field, while professionals are those who hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a specialized field.
Other workers, on the other hand, are those who perform unskilled labor that requires less than two years of training or experience.
How to Find EB-3 Jobs
Finding EB-3 jobs can be a challenging process, but there are several resources available to help you in your search.
Here are some tips to help you find EB-3 jobs:
- Check Online Job Boards: Online job boards like LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor are great resources for finding job opportunities in your field. You can search for jobs by keyword, location, and industry, and apply directly through the website.
- Network with Professionals in Your Field: Networking is key when it comes to finding a job. Reach out to professionals in your field and ask for informational interviews or advice on how to break into the industry.
- Attend Job Fairs: Attending job fairs is a great way to meet employers and learn about job opportunities in your field. Be sure to bring your resume and dress professionally.
- Work with a Staffing Agency: Staffing agencies can help connect you with employers who are looking for workers with your skills and experience. They can also provide you with guidance on the visa application process.
- Check our EB-3 jobs here on eb3.work.
How to Apply for EB-3 Jobs
Once you have found a job that you are interested in, you will need to apply for the position and begin the visa application process. Here are the steps you will need to take:
- Apply for the Job: Submit your resume and cover letter to the employer or apply directly through the job posting.
- Receive a Job Offer: If you are selected for the position, the employer will provide you with a job offer and begin the visa application process on your behalf.
- The Employer files the PERM petition with the Department of Labor on your behalf.
- The Employer files the I-140 Immigrant Petition: Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf.
- File the Adjustment of Status Application or Consular Processing: Once the USCIS approves the Immigrant Petition, you can file an Adjustment of Status application (Form I-485) to apply for permanent residency.
- Attend an Interview (Consular Processing): You will be required to attend an interview if you apply through consular processing with an embassy or consular officer to discuss your application and provide any additional documentation.
EB-3 jobs are a great way for foreign nationals to work permanently in the United States.
While finding a job and securing a visa can be a challenging process, there are several resources available to help you in your search, such as the eb3.work jobs list.