EB-3 Green Card for Class A CDL Truck Drivers from South Africa

Class A CDL truck drivers from South Africa obtaining EB-3 green card, EB-3 Visa green card jobs for truck drivers, green card jobs for truck drivers from south africa

Of the many industries in the United States being hit hard by the labor shortage, few are having a harder time filling open roles than the truck driving industry.

Specifically, experienced workers who possess a class A CDL truck driving qualification. The shortage of commercial truck drivers is not exclusive to the United States.

A 2021 survey of nearly 1000 companies spanning 20 countries found they are expecting a nearly 20% shortage of truck drivers.

Although several countries are experiencing this problem, nobody has been willing to pay to fill their open roles like large companies in the US. Walmart for example is offering $95k to first-year Class A CDL truck drivers and is turning increasingly toward hiring immigrants.

A recruiter for one of the largest transport companies in the US stated, “if we can’t haul our goods, our economy virtually shuts down.”

Pre-pandemic the country was short nearly 60,000 truck drivers.

Due to complications with covid and other challenges, that shortage has continued to grow. Transportation officials expect the number to balloon to 100,000 by 2023 providing a massive challenge to the United States economy.

These statistics are drawing the attention of President Biden and Transportation Secratary Pete Butegig who are spearheading ways to alleviate some of the supply chain issues in the US.

They are attempting to lower the age requirement to drive interstate from 21 to 18 as well as expedite the immigration process for workers filling these open roles.

In the meantime, other ways in which businesses are attempting to overcome the largest driver shortage in the history of the country, is by targeting South African workers as they can entice them with a large pay increase from the low wages that are earned in South Africa.

Depending on experience, truck drivers in South Africa can earn between r5000 and r15,000 per month, or r60,000 and r180,000 per year. This is equivalent to $3,300 and $10,300 US dollars.

Those interested in pursuing this opportunity need to obtain an EB-3 Visa / Green Card which would qualify them to work in the United States.

Our team has decades of experience managing the entire Green Card process and helping place EB3 visa workers with US companies. Apply today!

Job Qualifications and Duties

Typical job duties consist of:

  • Driving a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 26,001 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
  • Possess a class A CDL truck driving qualification
  • At least 21 years of age
  • Be able to pass a DOT physical and drug test

If you have any other questions about the process our would like to apply please fill out our form today to expedite the process!

EB-3 Visa Overview

The EB-3 Visa / Green Card is an employment based visa that allows foreign nationals to live and work permanently in the United States. The process for obtaining an EB-3 visa is roughly 12-18 months long and costs begin at $12,500 including all attorney fees, filing fees, and recruitment fees.

To be eligible for an EB-3 Visa / Green Card, you must fulfill three key components:

Step 1 – PERM Labor Certification

The PERM is the process used by employers to test the US labor market to ensure that there are no qualified US workers available to fill the position.

Step 2 – The I-140 Petition

The employer will need to file an I-140 with the USCIS on your behalf. The I-140 petition must include evidence that you meet all of the requirements for the position.

Step 3 – Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing

Once your I-140 has been approved, you will be able to file for adjustment of status (if you are already in the United States) or consular processing (if you are outside of the United States). After filing, you will attend an interview at a US consulate or embassy. Once approved, you will be issued a Green Card.

Read here for more details about the EB-3 Visa!

The process of obtaining an EB-3 Visa can be long and complicated, but our team of experienced immigration attorneys can help guide you through the process and ensure that everything is done correctly the first time. Fill out our form today to get started!

Green Card Frequently Asked Questions:

What is a Green Card?

A Green Card is an identification card that proves that you are a permanent resident of the United States.

What are the benefits of having a Green Card?

Some of the benefits of having a Green Card include: being able to live and work permanently in the United States, being able to travel in and out of the country, and eventually being able to apply for US citizenship.

Can you bring your family to the United States with a Green Card?

Yes, you can bring your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 to the United States with a Green Card.

When my kids turn 21 can they apply for a Green Card?

Your children can apply for a Green Card when they turn 21, but they will need to go through the process on their own. They will not be able to piggyback off of your application.

If I have a Green Card, do I still need to renew it?

Yes, you will need to renew your Green Card every ten years. You will receive a renewal notice in the mail approximately six months before your card expires.

What happens if my Green Card expires?

If your Green Card expires, you will lose your permanent resident status and may be deported from the United States. It is important that you keep your Green Card up-to-date and renew it before it expires.

What are some common mistakes people make when applying for a Green Card?

Some common mistakes people make when applying for a Green Card include: not consulting with an experienced immigration attorney, not being honest on their application, and not following the instructions correctly.

If you have any other questions about the process or would like to apply please fill out our form today to expedite the process!